Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sanrio celebrates 50 years of pick pocketing parents!

Pencil protectors, erasers, pencils with the eight colors of ink, back packs, thermos, plush animals, folders, lip gloss, gum and a whole host of expensive items I had to have or I would just DIE remind me just how awesome Sanrio is and my childhood was. It also reminds me of just how much dinero my mom shelled out so I would fit in with the other 5th graders.

Fret not dear readers, I was on a quest to be different even back then. My friends pretty much all loved the sweet faced "Hello Kitty." Who wouldn't? And it wasn't until fairly recently that I found out the store wasn't named "The Hello Kitty Store." I on the other hand loved an underappreciated frog.

Introducing the original lady killer...

Happy Birthday Sanrio! Kiss the frog for me.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! keroppi was my favorite but... i was addicted in high school... lol... i'm just a late bloomer haha

    ReplyDelete